If you post a draft of cover/contents/spread today I will be able to give you some bulletpoints of what to work on tomorrow. I may not be able to do this if the first time I see your drafts is in the double lesson tomorrow morning.
Loving what am seeing so far, do not take my comments as criticism please - just helpful advice to make your work more professional.
To see what people have come up with so far see Ryan, Tom C's and Tom P's work - lots of encouraging things going on here!
REMEMBER: When in doubt - refer back to your research - This is why we spent hours going through examples of double page spreads, contents and front covers.
Hi sir, I have had a lot of trouble trying to install indesign all weekend because I had to clear out the space on my laptop for it and so at this point I haven't been able to even start putting together my magazine and i'm not sure what I can do to get it done in time, what should I do ??
ReplyDeleteIf you physically can't get it done, then there's nothing you can do about the actual construction but it does mean you will have to make amazing use of the 2 hours we have tomorrow. We don't have InDesign in the D-building but Miss Crompton will allow you to sit in the back of L3 to finish. (Though you can use Photoshop for the front cover, contents page it's up to you which one you use.)
ReplyDeleteHowever, right now this second I don't know what your products are going to look like other than the masthead font and one of the photos - I can't see any magazine analysis or planning of what the pages will look like. You are going to need to sort this out or your "Planning and research" mark will suffer - leading to the "construction" mark suffering because you won't have had a good look at research texts - If you can't construct this evening you should concentrate on planning and research!
I have got it installed it's just that it finished installing late and I am doing as much of my planning and research tonight as I can and I will try and get as much on my front cover constructed. I have a free lesson and lunch time which I will try and get things done, I am just panicking and worried I won't finish in time!
ReplyDelete